[oletrucks] Auto trannie change over was:"Blown engine"

To: Banjomike@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Auto trannie change over was:"Blown engine"
From: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 13:12:03 EST
Hi all,
I guess that you could use the original shifter with an auto, I've herd of it
being done before, but with these problems:
1) not knowing what gear your in,
2) not keeping the trannie in the gear because of there not being a "tab" for
the shifter to lock into.

I say this as to ask the next question, is there an aftermarket add on that
identifies wher you are in the gears as well as holds the shifter in the
correct place?
If such a beast doesn't exsist, is there a junkyard alternative to a new
column?

Any one out there done this?  I swore after putting in the cork seal in the
"ball" of my enclosed shaft, that I would just change to an open drive when
it started acting up again and this info would be most helpfull for future
reference.
Thanks in AD vance,
Casey
'47-2nd 3100 "Thriftmaster"