[oletrucks] Fixing AD Dash Lights

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Fixing AD Dash Lights
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 14:26:55 -0500
Don't recall ever seeing anything posted on fixing dash lights for an AD.
Finally decided to fix mine.  I had one buld burned out on the speedo and
one on the instrument cluster.  Thought I'd just put in new bulbs (easy
enough to find, Number 55 bulbs fit fine)..... but not so fast my friend.
The sockets were damaged and wouldn't hold the new bulbs.  Finally tracked
down some universal sockets that were exactly the right size and spliced
them in.  Now I've got great lighting on both the speedo and the
instruments.  Found the universal light sockets at a tractor supply store of
all places.  Later I did find the same sockets at the LAPD (local auto parts
dealer).  If anyone is trying to fix dash lights on an AD, they're pretty
easy to repair.

Also fixed my front park lights so they also work as turn signals.
Installed dual contact sockets from Obsolete Chevy.  (The new parts replace
the old bracket and socket.)  Installed amber bulbs and now they look good
and work great.  Sure do like having good turn signals on the front.
Tom Caperton
'47 2nd 3100