[oletrucks] was ???????, now stock vs modified holy wars

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] was ???????, now stock vs modified holy wars
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 21:11:08 EST
Uh-oh, the stock vs restified/modified holy wars again; this one can't be
won; can only be a draw.

Stock is great for shows and running around town and the occasional trip--I
love them like that and love to see them and our family has quite a few
totally stock restos.

For maintaining long term bouts of 70+ mph on the interstate, I think
modifications make alot of sense (my blown up 283 thought so too).  Many of
those who keep their vehicles totally stock, drive newer vehicles much of the
time or don't drive high annual mileage (20K+ miles) at high speeds.

My sub will be moving into the daily driver slot when it's done; I have no
interest in buying any more new vehicles.  So the sub has to pick up the
whole responsibility and perform appropriately.  A drivetrain that will go
the distance at less than redline is a requirement.  AC is a requirement in
the Southeast unless you want to arrive at work looking like you just took a
swim.  Etc., etc.

It won't be radical but it won't be stock.

Mark Noakes
58/56 Suburban
Knoxville, TN

<<Well we agree on one thing, they were made as they were and why not keep
them that way, I believe in original as well..... Preserve for future
generations to see what was, not what someone altered......J.M.O.O.
don......(All 4 of mine are or will be same as left factory, except the new
smell)  d.