[oletrucks] The Latest on Pertronix

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] The Latest on Pertronix
From: "Allen Jones" <jonesal@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 15:35:29 -0800
I've seen some previous threads on how folks were modifying some Pertronix
kit (gee, I hope this isn't a repeat) to stuff in their stock distributor
(inline 6).  (For those who don't know, Pertronix replaces the points in
your stock distributor with a little electronic gizmo to make retro
electronic ignition)  I was chatting with Tom Langdon last night and he said
that Pertronix just came out with a kit that's specifically made for the
235/261 inline (no more mods needed).  I just got off the phone with
Pertronix and as of August of this year, kit No. 1168 is a direct design for
1954 to 60-something Delco inline 6 distributors.  Never worry about
adjusting those points again.  A local distributor in Seattle sells the unit
for $72.75.  For a really big fat blue spark (vvvrrmmmm), I suggest the
retro HEI.  Happy igniting.

Allen in Seattle
'50 3100