Re: [oletrucks] 235ci and 4BB Experiences

To: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>, <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 235ci and 4BB Experiences
From: "Stephen" <slb1@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 21:04:42 -0800
Hi Jack,

Would you recommend the 500 CFM Edelbrock for a balanced 261?  I am getting
ready to add a Clifford heated intake, as well.

I also will add headers.  Can the Fenton cast iron be used with a 3-speed
column shift?  This engine is in a '58 Fleetside now but I look to move it
to my '50 Suburban.  Will the Fentons work in both vehicles?

Thanks,

Stephen

> The Clifford heated intake and Edelbrock 600 are what I use on my GMC 302.
> It's a good combination.  The 500 CFM Edelbrock would probably be a better
> choice for a 235, but the 600 can be jetted down to work OK. The
> documentation that comes with the carb is very good, showing how to go
rich
> or lean in various stages. The Edlebrock tech line is excellent as well.
Be
> sure to mount the carb with primaries outboard, or fuel distribution will
be
> uneven. This complicates linkage somewhat, but a Lokar cable connected to
> bell crank will solve that.
>

> Re your choice of Clifford headers -  IMHO for street applications,
> especially daily driving, cast iron headers are superior to tube headers,
as
> they run cooler, quieter, and last forever. Despite some reported quality
> problems with Fentons of late, that's what I'd use. Or check Night
Prowlers