[oletrucks] which books and manuals?

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] which books and manuals?
From: "Joseph Szwed" <szwedj@viagate.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 11:00:43 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I have a 50 Chevy 3/4 ton and a 51 GMC 1/2 ton.
My goals are to fix the GMC first leaving it basically stock and use it as a
daily driver.
Then do more of a restoration for the Chevy (my grandfather bought this one
new in 1950).
My question is which books or manuals do you guys recommend?
Do I buy a Shop Manual and/or the Factory Assembly Manual and/or the Master
Parts Catalog?
Is one more helpful than the other or is there a lot of over lap between
them?

I do have the original Owners Manuals for both trucks already.

Thanks in Advance,
Joe Szwed