Re: [oletrucks] Storage

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Storage
From: Wayne Osborne <wcosborne@inetnow.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 16:08:11 -0500
My wife and I ride motorcyles and we store them up in the winter, Most of all
be sure and drain all the gas out of the tank and out of the system, it
will save you problems when you get it back out. A lot depends on where you
are storing it----Also don't know what condition you trucks is in... Myself
I would pull the plugs and give it a good squirt of wd-40, we also do it to
our bikes. Sometimes a slight amount of surface rust will develop in the
cylinder walls and this will prevent it..Be sure to reinstall your plugs.
IF you're able to jack it up and take the wheels and tires off, i would
also do
this.. it would help save you're tires. Again so much depends on where you
are storing it---inside a building, outside under a shed, If the tires are
going
to be on the ground they will dry rot if allowed to stay in contact with
the ground. We also spray our engine down with wd, this way rust will not
develope....   Just my thoughts....others may disagree.......wayne