[oletrucks] Not everything is in the junkyard

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Not everything is in the junkyard
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 22:54:14 -0500
In line with the thread regarding junkyards, I spent the last 2 days driving
through the netherlands of New Hampshire and Maine, especially passing
through the small towns off the beaten track.  I didn't have many
opportunities to jump out and look firsthand, but there are more signs of
oletrucks (and not just Chevy either) out there than you imagine.  My wife
thought I had a terminal case of whiplash after craning my neck to glimpse
yet another car or truck carcass that was older than 1972, just lounging in
some back yard or field.  Oletrucks, Camaros, Chevelles, GTOs, etc....geez, I
had to go get a coffee with extra sugar just to calm down.  Now I know this
ain't Kansas Dorothy, so a lot of what I saw came with the obligatory New
England terminal cancer, but still and all, it does a heart good to see that
not all the neat stuff has made it to the crusher.

Hey, I even came home and got something accomplished, removing rusted
sections in preparation for patch panels.  BTW there was enough mouse nest
material behind the front kick panels to provide an R-7 insulation value for
the previous owner!

Wally, back to earth (sort of) in Templeton, MA
53 3100 rod project