Re: [oletrucks] glove box

To: jay@duncanson.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] glove box
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 06:49:41 EST

>  Can anybody confirm Brad's description of the dash paint scheme?

We have 2 glove boxes, Stainless 1947 to 50, and rusting type steel, 51-53.
54 glove box outgrew its ridges.

to the best of my knowledge, with about 95 AD trucks in my back lot, and none
of them overrestored (overrestoration is the subject of my next article for
This Old Truck, with a deadline Jan 1, and I barely started because this list
dissipates my free time).  (Of courrse I'm going to say nasty things about
overrestoration.)
  Brown metallic interior color is in the grooves and a lighter gold is on
ridges of both ss and plain steel glove boxes.  On ss box only top and bottom
ridge is left shiny.  Use 3M fine line tape for masking available from
autobody supply in various widths.  Pull tape off as soon as paint starts to
firm up; don't wait too long.  This is so tape won't pull a sheet of hard
paint off with it.  Paint must be soft enough to form smooth break line.  The
light gold is very thin and worn off most original boxes.
Bob ADler