RE: [oletrucks] need a measurement on a TF

To: "Keith" <kvdurand@mail.esc4.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] need a measurement on a TF
From: "Tibbers" <tibbers@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 16:00:40 -0800
Keith,

I run a Jeep quite a bit, and have had to set pinion angles and tranny
positions after alterations to it.  I have found that about seven degrees is
a pretty good angle to shoot at for the angle between pinion and driveshaft
and between tranny output and driveshaft.  Keeping the angles the same at
both ends....or pretty close is indeed important for universal joints.  They
accelerate and decelerate the same that way, eliminating that as a source of
vibration.  The exact angle isn't really too critical unless you get big
lifts that force angles over 14 degrees or so.

Gordon