[oletrucks] 6 volt battery

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 6 volt battery
From: Brad Newman <bkn6@airmail.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 14:27:06 -0600
Grant Galbraith wrote:

> I'm looking for a 6 volt battery to put in 52 GMC. I asked at my LAPS
> about my preferred brand, Delco and was told that the $40 6 volters
> only
> come in one quality level, "not very good because no one uses them
> anymore". Can anyone recommend a battery based on (good) personal
> experience.
>
> Thanks, Grant

> 1959

   There was a Caterpillar brand battery in my 40 1/2 when I bought it
last summer, and if I'm not mistaken it's an 8 volt battery, model #
9G4250. Talk about cranking amps! It has now been through two very hot
summers (both had at least 50 consecutive days above 100), and narry a
problem. My suburban has been through 2 12 volt batt's in the same time
frame.
>From what I understand, the 8 volt batt's are OK with 6 volt systems
(again, I've had one on my 6V system for 2 years). I believe that these
batt's are used in fork lifts, or some other type of industrial
application, but since I didn't actually purchase it, I can't say for
sure.
Hope this helps.
Brad