[oletrucks] shifting and wiring help please

To: oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] shifting and wiring help please
From: CHANDNE@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 01:22:25 EST
Need some help in wiring up my 57. I put in a small block chevy with an
automatic, using points and condenser, how do I wire it up, just the basics,
such as from ignition switch to where and from alternator to where so on and
so forth, can I still use the original voltage regulator? It is 12 volt with
three prongs on it, the alternator is late model that requires external volt.
reg. It has a plug on the side for two slide connectors. Also, with the auto
tranny, what is a good find for a floor shifter? Thanx for any and all
suggestions and help.  Happy New year    ON A BUDGET
neal     chandne@aol.com