[oletrucks] Paint Scheme for 1950 (Frame)

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Paint Scheme for 1950 (Frame)
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 21:37:23 -0600
I am not very knowledgeable on the paint scheme for the frame. So someone
please spell it out for me. I have the cab off, the drivetrain is still on
the frame as is the leaf springs, front end, etc. I have thorougly cleaned
the frame and all and am ready to prime and paint. I need to know...

1) color of the engine
2) color of the Clutch Housing
3) color of the Transmission
4) color of the Torque Tube and Rear End
5) color of the leaf springs and shocks
6) color of the front end parts
7) color of the Frame

I am assuming 4-7 to be black (semi-gloss? gloss?). The plan is to use an
etching primer, then a sandable black primer and then the paint color (on
4-7).

Engine, Trans would just be painted straight with engine paint? or do you
prime those too?

I want to restore this truck to its original condition/paint scheme. Anyone
who knows for sure what is what please reply as I am ready to proceed.

Thanks again!

Deve