[oletrucks] 58-59 GMC 336 V8 engine

To: napco4x4@onelist.com
Subject: [oletrucks] 58-59 GMC 336 V8 engine
From: larry jones <lajones@uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 22:44:14 -0700
To Kevin Lake and all you other GMC guys,
    Do any of you know where I can find the serial number on a 336 GMC
V8? Is there a book that I should buy to find the numbers or is that
impossible?. My 58 GMC NAPCO Carryall has a 389 out of a 65 or 66
Bonneville. I want to change it back to original someday and I've found
a couple of possible donors but I'd like to know what to look for before
going to look at them. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Tomorrow I am going to take pictures of my 1/2 ton NAPCO front axle.
It is in pieces and I'm starting to put it back together. I'll scan the
parts so you all can see them as they look apart and then together. At
least I hope it will turn out that way. I'll keep you posted.

Larry Jones
58 GMC NAPCO Carryall
and assorted pieces