[oletrucks] Leaf Spring Questions

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Leaf Spring Questions
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:56:06 -0600
For the 1950 3100.. I need to take the leaf springs completely apart. My
wish is to blast the individual leafs, put the teflon strips in between and
then reassemble. Problem is, those clips that are riveted onto the springs
to hold them together. So..

How do you get them apart? I have drilled out one set to remove the clips so
that the clips are still intact. Unfortunately, I am not sure how I will get
them back on. They are so corroded that there is not gonna be any tapping
them out carefully. They break off.

I have a few of those clips missing or broken. Where do I get replacements?
Should I just have the welding shop make them? Obsolete Chevrolet shows
these clips on page 48 Part no.. 7.513 but they are not available.

Also, Is it a good idea during a complete resto like this to get the springs
re-arced? Who does this sorta work? Is the Poly-Ride Liner that Chevy Duty
sells (page 57 part no. 74-935) the stuff that works best in between the
leafs? If not, where do you suggest I get it?

Thanks to all for your help!

Deve