[oletrucks] AD towing

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] AD towing
From: Brad Newman <bkn6@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 18:16:43 -0600
Can someone tell me how, back in the AD years, these trucks pulled a
trailer?
I have seen home made bumpers that allow you to do this, but it seems
hard to believe that there wasn't some sort of GM option for towing. I
have found a 16 foot, wooden (mahogany) boat complete with a 1949
Evinrude motor, to go along with my 49 3100. I would get it if I knew
that there was an "original" way to tow it.  I've dug through all of my
literature, and cant find a thing. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Brad