Re: [oletrucks] Gas Tank Sending Unit

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Gas Tank Sending Unit
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 08:53:28 -0700
Bob--

Hi...I don't think the position makes much difference, as far as the
angle of the arm.  I would think that keeping the float about in the
center of the tank is more important, as the level there will be an
average level, while it will be going up and down at the sides, front,
and back of the tank.

I hope you have a new gage to match the new sending unit...or is VDO
making 30 ohm senders now?

Jim

You wrote:

I have installed a gas tank between the frame rails on the rear of my 56
TF.
I am ready to position the VDO sending unit in the tank - should the arm
on
the sending unit be parallel to the normal movement of the truck or
perpendicular?  Seems like the latter would give less fluctuation on the
gauge.  Anyone done this?  Thanks.

Bob Welch
56 Cameo
55 Belair