Re: [oletrucks] Stock Jet?

To: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Stock Jet?
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 19:00:13 -0700
Mike, there are a few queastions you need to address. Firts, what do your plugs
look like? Is it black and sooty? If so, then you do need to lean out the old
horse. The higher in altitude you are the smaller the jet must be. I am at
nearly 8,000 feet and I had to run a 47 or a 48 to get it to run right and not
soot the plugs. But at sea level up to about 2,000 feet, I would start dropping
jet sizes down until you get a noticable drop in power then go up 2 sizes. I
would guess you might need about a 53 or a 52. This will help on milage and
emissions. Adjust the mainjet after the jet swap to highest idle and drop it 20
rpm's. This will further help emissions without sacrificing any power.