Re: [oletrucks]Power Disc brakes for Napco??

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, robert.j.knapik@intel.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks]Power Disc brakes for Napco??
From: varanus@phoenix.net
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 12:09:57 -0600
From:                   "Knapik, Robert J" <robert.j.knapik@intel.com>
To:                     oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject:                [oletrucks]Power Disc brakes for Napco??
Date sent:              Fri, 28 Jan 2000 08:07:20 -0800
Send reply to:          "Knapik, Robert J" <robert.j.knapik@intel.com>

Hi Robert: good question.  We in the napco group have been
discussing this at length.  The main problem is finding a backing
plate/rotor/caliper to match the napco spindle.  What we have
discussed is making a new spindle that matches an  off the shelf (GM)
disk brake assembly.  Several of the napco list guys are machinists
that have expressed their willingness to make the new spindles for
material cost (as they also have napcos and would like disk brakes).
But the problem is how all the hub/steering knuckles will adapt to the
new spindle.

You should join the napco group.  I myself want disk brakes badly for
my 58 nap suburban as she is hard to stop quickly.  The whole subject
of disk brake conversion to the napco is a little out of my league given
my exposure to the napco parts.  I just haven't torn the front end down
to know how it all fits together.

If you want to join the napco group - email Kevin
Pennell:oletwuk@fastrus.com    he is the list admin.

Hope to see you there.
Eric Pesci