Re: [oletrucks] hey

To: "Bobby Royal" <radbob@goodnet.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] hey
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 15:29:03 -0800
Hi Bobby,

Easiest way I can think of is to ask your question and read the responses.

Let me gently suggest, however, that you would do better to take an interest
in what people are saying here, even if it isn't directly responsive to your
present concerns.  This is because unless you're like Jay Leno and have a
staff of mechanics to do the work, you'll need to have a basic understanding
of how the truck operates.  You'll also find that knowing about the truck
and its distinctive features makes it a lot more enjoyable to own.

The only way to develop that kind of familiarity is to spend a lot of time
with the truck and with people who have spent a lot of time with their
trucks.  The good news is that this is actually a very pleasant thing to do,
'specially once you get into it for a while.

So unless you find it absolutely, excruciating, I'd keep reading the posts
for a while, and try asking your questions.  There's nothing better for
making something interesting than having a personal stake in it.  Before you
know it you'll be helping other people.

Regards,

Grant S. gls@4link.net