[oletrucks] Painting small parts

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Painting small parts
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 21:30:18 -0600
Okay, so I am in the process of painting all the small parts for the frame.
They look so nice after blasting, priming and painting. Now, the question
is, when you bolt the new parts on, how do you go about painting the nuts
and bolts? Do you ...

1) prime and paint them first, then touch up whatever you messed up with
your wrenchs?
2) use touch-up paint on the heads and nuts or whatever is showing after
tightening without priming and painting first?

I want to do this right so I would assume priming and painting first. Then
again, maybe the bare metal look on the nuts and bolts is how its supposed
to be. I'm talking about front end backing plate bolts, tie rod end clamp
bolts, etc.

Deve
50 3100 Assembled in Kansas City, MO in January of 1950 :)