RE: [oletrucks] 6v gas gage on 12 volts

To: "J Forbes" <jforbes@primenet.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 6v gas gage on 12 volts
From: "American Classic" <americanclassic@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 09:13:08 -0600
Well boys, I don't usually comment on a lot of what is talked about in these
forums. However I have noticed that after your love of trucks, that one of
the other things that everybody considers important is not having to part
with their hand earned cash.

I don't pretend to be an electrical engineer but this question about 6 volt
gas gauges and 12 volt batteries is interesting.

I can, tell you that we sell a LOT of  recoiled (to now work on 12 volt) gas
gauges here because some bright spark dropped in a 12 volt battery. Because
I've been told it'll start better. Instead of cleaning his connections and
checking the grounding straps.

Classic..man