Re: [oletrucks] tire size

To: MLayton324@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] tire size
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 18:28:48 -0700
her ya go
rpm /336/grXtrX2==mph
gr=gear ratio
tr= tire radius from center of hub to ground
so, 2800 divided by336 divided 4.1 times tire raduis from hub to ground times 2
=54.88. the reason i say tire radius from the hub center to ground it the tire
radius is shorter from the hub to ground that from hub to top of tire. the
radius times 2 is much more acurate. you can reverse the formula to go the other
way as well. this is for stanard trans or lock up torque converters only. for
non lockup automatics use 356 instead of 336
new mexico jim
51 two ton dump