[oletrucks] Identify This Transmission

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Identify This Transmission
From: Banjomike@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 23:35:32 EST
Hey Everybody

Its me again, still trying to identify this #$%^ automatic transmission. The
problem is that when I bought it I was told it was a 350.  Since it doesn't
have a manual kick down, the dealer says it is a 400 because 350's don't have
electric kick downs-- but he couldn't find it in the book, nor could he find
the gasket that might help identify.  However a transmission "expert" said
that it could be a later model 350 with an electric kickdown.   This is the
number:

 CFD 4   8624486.

If there is anybody out there who could easily look this up and tell me what
it is, I would be truly, eternally grateful.  The main reason I'm concerned
is because I already bought a torque converter for a 350, and I don't think
it works with a 400, or other type for that matter, so I don't want to
install it til I know for sure.   I never thought this would be that tough.
Help!!

Mike Gleeson
'55 long bed