RE: [oletrucks] door locks

To: "'ADvent@thuntek.net'" <ADvent@thuntek.net>, napco4x4@onelist.com,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] door locks
From: Terry Stellman <STELLMAN@noex.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 08:00:58 -0600
Jim,

I made the mechanism lockable on the driver's side of my truck.  You need to
make the lever thing that does the locking and add it to the mechanism.  You
also have to make the little cover higher since you added that extra
thickness and add the little spring that holds the lock lever in place.  You
can't just take parts from the passenger side and put them on the driver's
side because they are a mirror image of each other.  Sorry I didn't go into
great detail here but it isn't really something you can do with just hand
tools and its hard to explain without looking at both the passenger and
driver's side mechanisms side by side.  I had to do some grinding, welding,
and final turning on a lathe to make the parts ..... but, yes it can be
done.

Terry Stellman
1949 3600
Missouri City, Texas