Re: [oletrucks] 216 Manifold paint

To: "Old Trucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 216 Manifold paint
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 20:58:18 -0600
I'm painting my manifolds with the "manifold paint" listed in Chevy Duty's
catalog. I want to protect the manifolds from further damage. Upon bead
blasting the exhaust manifold, its apparent that 50 years of heat and the
elements have wreaked havoc on the manifold. Crystalized cast iron,
discoloration that wont even blast off, and rust pits have taken their toll.
In the name of preservation, no more! One thing interesting.. when you take
the intake manifold out of the blast cabinet, its a nice pure silver color.
I can see why some restorers use silver paint on them. The TRUE color of the
manifold would surprise you!

Deve
50 3100