[oletrucks] 292

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 292
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 13:13:12 -0700
I'd like to see the 292 fit in a Nova...without cutting a hole in the
hood for something...the 292 block is an inch or two taller than the
230/250 engines.  Mounts may be fun also, as mentioned.  I'm not saying
it won't fit, but it would be worth looking at closely, with tape
measure in hand, before making any serious plans.

I think that if you can find someone to give $400-500 for it, that would
be a nice price to get, but you may have to start it up for that much
$$$.  I sold a running, smoking core 292 to a friend several years ago
for $100, he mainly wanted the factory AC compressor bracket.  He had
bought a good used, recently rebuilt, 292 from another guy for a couple
hundred dollars not long before...to put in his 52 Chevy belair.  A good
price to buy the engine would be about $200 or so.

The 292 is indeed a good engine for a work truck.  Of course, a big
block is better   :)

Jim