Re: [oletrucks] IFS ?

To: "Terry S. Glines" <ace0027@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] IFS ?
From: J & M Street <jmstreet@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 20:34:57 -0800
I just went out and measured my '55-2. It presently has 235/70/15 's on it
and no engine in it. It has a MII from Progressive Engineering. It has stock
spindles and measures 7.5" from the bottom of the cross member to the
ground. My new wheels for the front are 225/45/17's which will drop it an
additional 1.5" Even with the 70 series tires I would NOT go with drop
spindles, I puts it to far "in the weeds". Also you need to consider the
height of the rear. With drop spindles in front, the rake would rather
steep. It may be necessary to notch the rear frame and run reverse eye mono
leafs or something to get the rear down and still have a nice rake to it.
Low is great, but too low is not very practical. Just a thought.

Jeff Street
'55-2 short/step "Street's (just low enough) Rod-project