Re: [oletrucks] '55 1st series rear?

To: Doug Pewterbaugh <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '55 1st series rear?
From: Paul Blosser <paulb@todays-tech.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 06:27:45 -0600
Hi All,

I've replaced the closed driveline with a rear from an early 60's GMC/Chevy 1/2
ton -- make sure you get the model with the leaf springs.  I cut the leaf
spring pads off and have this now setting under the frame with new axle pads.
The rearend is almost identical in width, but the axle pads were a little
differently spaced.  This was really easy!

I still need to get a Sunday afternoon where I can double-check all my
measuring and weld the brackets on -- I think I'm going to change the setup
though.  I have the rearend on top of the springs but I want more clearance.
So I'm going to pull my leaf springs apart, re-install the spring bolts that
run through the middle so thew round head is on the bottom, then set the
readrend under the springs.  This is closer to the way it was for original ride
height.

Paul Blosser
1954 3100