[oletrucks] Repro Gas Tanks

To: "'trks@javanet.com'" <trks@javanet.com>, oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Repro Gas Tanks
From: "Tayrien, Richard - MIH" <rtayrie@chw.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 17:00:01 -0700
I Found these repo tanks '49-'59 at American Classic Trucks yesterday.

http://www.americanclassic.com/asp/dyncat.asp?which=amct36&p1=initial&p2=Gas
+Tank+Items
<http://www.americanclassic.com/asp/dyncat.asp?which=amct36&p1=initial&p2=Ga
s+Tank+Items>

 What is the consensus on a truck that has been sitting for an extended
period (ie 8-10 years) with gasoline in the tank.  The gas now smells like
varnish and I am afraid to even turn my truck over until I clean out this
tank.  Should I actually consider replacing it or ...what is the best way to
clean them out?

Richard Tayrien
52GMC ½ ton