Re: [oletrucks] a suggestion about trucks...

To: jweertz@umich.edu, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] a suggestion about trucks...
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 07:26:27 EST
> HAs anyone used Patrick's new rear gears for the torque tube??  What about
>  relocating the gas tank to the rear?
>   I know we see this type of stuff in the magizenes

I wrote about Patrick's gears in This Old Truck a couple of years ago.  the
trouble with magazines is they advertise this stuff, so don't criticise.  I
said it was not good if you have a stock 216 (lowers torque) or live in hilly
terrain. (More downshifting on hills).  If you do freeway driving with a 235
on flat terrain this is for you.  Patrick gives good instructions.   I've
installed about 6 of these, none on my own trucks.

I like the gas tank inside cab.  I wrote about this in Pickups 'n Panels in
Print a couple of years ago.  By moving tank behind rear axle you are
vulnerable in rear end collision.  I went thru pertinent Federal MV safety
standards in the article.  Best location outside cab is panel/ suburban
location inside frame rails behind cab, in front of rear axle.
Bob ADler