[oletrucks] rusty manifolds

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] rusty manifolds
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 20:40:52 EST
Last week we were talking about what to do with exhaust manifold restoration.
 I asked the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America chief judge.  His reply:

In my proposed VCCA Judges Handbook I have accounted for this. If the
manifolds are painted with a black or cast iron heat paint, there are no
point deductions. Rusty or paint burned manifolds do not look well and would
be a nightmare to maintain. I don't want to see us get to the point of
Bloomington Gold, I don't think that would go over well with our members. If
they are old and scaled it is the judges decision as to point deductions.  I
think certain things like this are ok.

Bob ADler