Re: [oletrucks] tread width

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] tread width
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 20:50:43 -0700
I think they mean from center of tire to center of tire...which is not
necessarily where the drums are, if the wheels have offset (stock wheel
usually have negative offset, that is, the center of the tire is in from
the mounting flange).

The 3104 is the specific model of 3100 series...and tells you what body
style the truck is.  3100 just means short wheelbase 1/2 ton.  For
example, my 57 Suburban is a 3100, but more specifically, it is a 3106,
which means it's a Suburban with rear doors.

Jim

Claude wrote:

Can someone explain what is meant by the measurement "tread width". I'm
looking at a '59 resto pack, It says the front tread width is 61.02 for
3104 (I thought I had a 3100?). Does this measurement have anything to
do
with the tires or is the distance from outside of the drum (at the lug
nut
area) to the other.

Claude Ramey