Re: [oletrucks] Removing VERY stuck pistons

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Removing VERY stuck pistons
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:43:42 -0500
I had a similar problem with a seized MG motor.  I tried everything from
penetrating oil to Coca-Cola.  Finally I used that Aerokroil (great stuff),
let it soak for a few days,  heated the block around the piston area with a
propane torch, put a 2x4 block of wood on top of the piston, and hit it with
a sledge.  Got the offending piston out this way.  Don't try to come through
the top in case the cylinder has a ridge around it.  Problem is, after you
get it out, the block might be so rusted that over-boring may not remove it
all.

Wally

What's worked for