[oletrucks] How to change dipstick tube on SB400

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] How to change dipstick tube on SB400
From: rchansle@us.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 16:20:27 -0700

I was cleaning up the SB400 this weekend getting ready to install it in my
56 3200. I took off the old exhaust headers and was about to install my
ramshead headers and noticed that there was interference with the dipstick.
The current setup has the stick curving up between the block and the
headers. With the ramshead headers, the dipstick needs to be outside of the
header. I would bet it would be easier to replace the dipstick tube with a
straight one rather than bend the current one. How does one remove and
replace the tube? It seems to be in there pretty tight.

Bob Chansler