Re: [oletrucks] Play in steering

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Play in steering
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:15:39 -0500
I found that my tie rod was slightly bent during the front end rebuilt,
which caused the toe in to be a little "toe out". So the front the tires
were pointed slight apart from each other. After the shop realigned and
gave be about
1/4 inch toe in, the drift problem went away. Drift is a little different
that a dart. If ya hit a bump or pit in the road and the truck tries to
swiftly dart
in that direction that could be something entirely different...  Play in
the steering comes from many places,,Alot was removed from my truck with
the drag link replacement... Ties rods are another source...wayne