[oletrucks] 58-59 fender repair

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 58-59 fender repair
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 20:22:39 -0700
I've never needed to do more than a minor repair on one of these fenders
myself.  But, I've seen where someone used the 55-7 panels on a 59, and
the results were not too good. The edge is quite different on the two,
the 58-9 has a thicker, rounded edge, while the 55-7 is more narrow and
sharply creased.

I think you'd be better off having the bodyman fabricate the patches
from sheetmetal.  Usually, the rusted part does not extend up too far
along the edge, and most of the patch panels that you buy, are wasted.

Jim