Re: [oletrucks] how to remove rear break drums?

To: Jim House <jhouse@ccsolution.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] how to remove rear break drums?
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:49:32 -0500
I will venture a guess that your drums aren't being held on by the shoes but
that the center holes are stuck on the axles. I've struggled for days on these
before, oiling around the axle, prying the drum and hammering around the lugs to
breaks it loose. If you know someone with a torch see if you can convince them
to bring it over. I've found two or three passes around the face of the drum
(where the lug nuts are) with Oxy-acetylene and it will pop right off.

Grant