[oletrucks] '55 1st Driveline.

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] '55 1st Driveline.
From: "Kevin D. Pennell" <oletwuk@fastrus.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 23:38:44 -0500
Hi all,

  In an article I've written concerning NAPCO history, I repeat the
statement that 1/2-Ton AD trucks through the '55 1st series have enclosed
driveshafts.  The '55 2nd TF series 1/2-Tons are manufactured using the open
driveshaft design.

  I just got a note from a guy who claims that his "original" '55 1st series
1/2-Ton has an open driveshaft.  Uh-oh...

  Do I need to go back to the drawing board?  How about some help from all
you knowledgeable folks.  What's what?  When did GM first introduce the open
driveshaft on the 1/2-Tons?

Thanks,

Kevin P.
The NAPCO Owners Group