[oletrucks] Clutch Head tools and Steering columns and seats and pwr ste

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Clutch Head tools and Steering columns and seats and pwr steering
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:17:51 -0700

The other day somebody asked about getting clutch head sockets. Well I bought
some, got them off a Span On truck, yesterday. I only got 2 and the other 2 are
on order. The four will cost about $40 or $45.

I can't remember if I asked this question or not so I'll ask anyhow. Are the
steering columns in the Ad trucks of a collapsible type? I want to go an easy
route to move the steering wheel closer to the dash. I don't like it up under my
chin. Is there any other ways besides lopping off some and cut the new end down
in a lathe?

What bench seat have any of you used in your AD trucks? I want to avoid setbacks
with a head rest. Those always get in the way of my hat. I thought about
installing a seat with a thinner back to gain more leg and arm room. My goal is
to use a seat that looks good and looks fairly stock.

Has anyone ever installed the ram type power steering conversion kit in AD
trucks? If so, what problems did you run into? What pump did you use and where
did you mount it. Is it very easy to steer? I'd like to get Cadillac steering
from it. Has anyone ever used the modern power steering while retaining the
original column? I have modified GM power steering pumps to make the steering
very very easy.

new mexico jim
51 two ton dump
50 ½ ton