[oletrucks] TF gas tanke venting

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] TF gas tanke venting
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 07:58:37 -0700
Wayne wrote:  "The tanks on a TF has a smaller tube that runs along with
the filler tube,
this tube is the vent and a vented cap is not need.  "

Wayne, I respectfully disagree...this small tube is a vent, but it does
not vent anywhere!  It goes to the top of the filler neck, and allows
air to escape while the tank is being filled, to prevent "burping" gas
out the filler neck while fueling.  Take the gas cap off, and take a
look in the hole..you'll see what I mean.  You DO need a vented cap on
any pre-emissions (before about 1970?) Chevy truck!

Jim