[oletrucks] Various Questions

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Various Questions
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 16:41:08 -0600
This weekend I passed a milestone that is really exciting for me. I attached
the newly painted frame to the front and rear ends, complete with parking
brake and tires, then aligned the toe-in and touched up the painted bolts
where they were scarred from my wrenches. WOW! Starting to actually look
like something. Neat observation: The running board brackets are a full 4
inches higher than my 49. With the stock tires (rather tall) and the teflon
strips in the leaf springs coupled with the re-arching of the leafs, that
really helped make it stand tall. I know some of you are striving to make
yours lower, but I am very proud that I have it standing even, straight and
tall as was the case out of the factory.

Questions are:

1) I am ready to start work on the engine... I have bead blasted some of the
parts (Like the valve cover) and am ready to paint. Is it customary to use a
primer before using the high temperature engine paint? I have not seen high
temp primer anywhere I have looked.

2) What color is the steering column? The shaft, the steering gear box, and
the gear shifter box all in specific?

3) The housing that supports the master cylinder is black, but that housing
also supports the brake and clutch bars. What color are the brake and clutch
bars supposed to be? How about all associated linkages?

4) I found a 12v generator and external regulator out of a 56 that should
wire right in to my 50's stock wiring harness without modification. (I hope)
If I use a 12 volt resistor coil instead of a resistor block to the points,
will that help with keeping the wiring stock? Or is there a difference?

Thats it for now.. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Deve
50 3100
49 3600
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html