RE: [oletrucks] Smokin 235]

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Smokin 235]
From: J & M Street <jmstreet@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 08:08:24 -0800
--------------D99B225A9075F4DD9271D4F5

Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 07:59:31 -0800
From: J & M Street <jmstreet@earthlink.net>
To: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>

Grant, having just rebuilt my small block 350, I have been doing alot of
research regarding different oil types and weights especially during
break-in. I would have to agree with NM Jim that the oil indeed may be the
problem. The use of a synthetic oil during the break-in process may have
prevented the rings from properly seating. Some people prefer to put 1K
miles or so on an engine before changing over to synthetic oil. However
others argue the fact that some GM cars Corvettes in particular, come from
the factory with synthetic oil and use of regular oil will void the
warranty. My answer to that is simple, my old truck is not a new Corvette.
Try running a straight 30, or 10-30 weight oil and see if your problem goes
away, it can't hurt anything.

Jeff Street
'55-2 short/step "Street's rod-project"