[oletrucks] conclusion on age etc.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] conclusion on age etc.
From: "Justin Hartman" <justin_hartman@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 00:58:20 CST
I think that I reached a conclusion and confirmed my hypothesis.  Hot rod or
restoration, it really depends on your upbringing and any emotional
attachments to these oletrucks.  I can remember riding around in the wheat
field as a young child in the one-ton hay trucks (gmc by the way).  I can
remember my dad telling me stories of his gto (which he could never
perfect).  Looks to me like a hot rod classic truck comes from these
memories.  The other major factor appears to be driveability.  Most folks I
have talked to that drive their trucks 1000s of miles a year feel that they
must make a few changes to help them get to where they are going safely and
comfortably.  In conclusion, it is what makes you happy.  That is the basic
reply I have gotten from everyone.  The reason why every one of us owns one
of these trucks is because on some level they make us happy.  Whenever they
lose the joy, they end up in the scrap yard.  Keep your oletruck out of the
scrap yard and in the family and maybe it will bring others the joy it has
brought you.  I'm usually not this sentimental.
-jdh-
55 pro-street rod