[oletrucks] Waiting on Shop manuals, anyone have specs I can borrow?

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Waiting on Shop manuals, anyone have specs I can borrow?
From: "Mike Anderson" <m1a20@iname.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 23:25:42 -0600
Oletrucks fellows,

Hi it's me again, a new owner.  Well, this weekend I plan on going to work
on the truck for the first time.  As it has been sitting for at least a year
out on a farm, I plan to dump the old fluids and fill with new.  I have seen
the talk of oil types in rebuilt motors, but in general I don't have the
amounts needed to satisfy each piece on the truck.  Here is what I am
expecting to need.  If there are fluids you can see I have overlooked,
definitely I would appreciate being made aware.

Oil, Brakes, Transmission, Antifreeze, Grease, Gas, and Lead additive.  Any
thoughts on octane boosting?  Would it hurt or help?

Anyone with quantities and type information is welcome to respond directly.
No need to burden the list unnecessarily.  I am new and expect to take a bit
more time than you old pro's, but look forward to enjoying the experience.

The truck is 1948 Chevy 1-Ton.  A book from the local library tells me the
motors across the board were the 216, so assuming that I think the rest is
standard too except I was told the rear is posi-traction (I didn't see that
as an option in the book).

Thanks for any info.  I am going to go shopping for most items Friday
evening, so please respond by then if you are going to.

Again thank you for all the help I have already received.  You guys are
great to have as an invaluable resource.  I don't remember how I hooked up
with this list (I have been watching for some time now), but it sure is
great to learn from those who are/have experienced.

Mike Anderson
mailto:m1a20@iname.com