[oletrucks] 55-2 3/4ton new rear end

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 55-2 3/4ton new rear end
From: Bill Franklin <bfranklin@voyager.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 14:31:47 -0600
I Have a 1955 series 2 3600. I have been reading about the rear end swaps
from a 68-72 3/4 ton truck. Well I did it and it does work. I found a 1970
GMC suburban which is 4 wheel drive, I first pulled the axles, then the center
section out. I really luck out on the center section....it is a 3.93 posi.
When I got home I pulled the axles out of mine, and they exactly the same
size and same spline as the 70 sub. Next i pulled my center section out
cleaned out the old gear lube, and bolted in the new center section...it
went right in. Both set of Axles will slide right in, so i have a spare,
but it all fits.
I still need to get some posi oil and put the drive shaft back in, and
drive it, but I dont think that will be a problem. Any way it does all fit
real nice, and I want to thank everyone on here for the postings on it.
Bill
1955 2nd series 3600