Re: [oletrucks] RE: (oletrucks) Welding

To: Bob_Keeland@usgs.gov (Bob Keeland), oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] RE: (oletrucks) Welding
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:28:57 -0800
Hi Bob,
Yes, they are/were sold by Harbor Freight, and I believe are made in Italy.
I have the 160 version, which runs off 220vac, and a small bottle/reg I
purchased seperately . Very soon after I bought it I had trouble with the
wire feed mechanism, not maintaining a constant speed supplying the wire
whilst welding. Makes a poor welder much worse. I took it apart and lined
up the gear train I recall and it has worked adequately since, but I would
never buy another. They are cheap and it's reflected in the quality of the
mechanism. I'm not using it in a production environment so as a hobbiest
machine it gets the jobe done.
>        On the subjects of welders my dad gave me a Chicago Electric 150
>        PowerMIG welder (220 V).  It has never been used.  Has anyone ever
used
>        anything from Chicago Electric? I've never heard of them, but then
I am
>        new to welding, resto, etc.

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer          e-mail - bfischer@utm.net  or

robert.f.fischer.jr@syntegra.com