[oletrucks] Filling small holes in body metal

To: "Old Truckers" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Filling small holes in body metal
From: "W&D" <haist@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 19:05:17 -0800
I've  gotten pretty good at welding in patch panels and I'm now faced with
numerous screw and bolt holes to fill.  I'm thinking I will take mild steel
welding rod of the appropriate size, stick it in the hole, weld it in place
with my mig welder and then cut it off flush and grind smooth.  Is that the
way all you pros do it? Or do you have a better way?

Whitney H