Re: [oletrucks] oil pressure problems?

To: <MLayton324@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] oil pressure problems?
From: "john r dorsey" <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:26:44 -0500
Mike,
The oil pressure is doing just what it should. I would actually expect less
pressure on the outlet of the filter, but different filter inserts have
different levels of restriction.

As for the knock, I would first look to the valve train, they are the major
noisemakers on these old trucks. Check your valve clearance(if not
hydraulic).

John
'49 Chevy 3800 Panel
'52 GMC 640 Firetruck