Re: [oletrucks] you guys will not belive this

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] you guys will not belive this
From: "Hollis Troop12" <hollisbsa@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 12:25:04 EST
This is try 92 to get a message to post - I am now trying our local boy
scout hotmail account - hope this one works.....

sorry list!

I have a 46 1/2 ton.  I have rebuilt all of the wheel cylinders and the
master cylinder.  The truck was on jacks stands and mostly level.  Well I
was able to bleed the lines using a one man bleed kit.  It has a magnet and
the draining bottle sticks to the wheel well above the cylinder.  It seem to
worked - took out all of the black fluid and once it started running clear
with no air I turned off the bleeder valve and replaced the screw.  Off to
the next wheel - all of them with the same result.

However, I can not sustain any pressure on the break pedal.  I can pump it
up (8 - 10 times) and it will be firm for the bottom 1/3 of the press to the
floor.  After 30 seconds this pressure is loss as well.  I have placed the
wheels back on the truck and moved it to a very level spot. There is no
leakage of break fluid form anywhere I can detect.  I will try to re-bleed
the wheel cylinders again.

Any suggestions?

Second issue.  I have purchased new break shoes and placed them on the
truck.  To start with I have turned the wheel cylinder/pad attachment screws
all the way in.  The rear wheels still drag on one spot in each revolution.
I know I need to get the drums turned.  If this will not take care of the
drag what should I do?  I purchased the break shoes from Carter and they
assured me they were the correct size.  I have matched them up with the old
shoes and the look to be the same to me.  Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim House